terça-feira, 14 de dezembro de 2010

Social networks in Sao Paulo

My friend Marcela told me about a nice initiative here in Sao Paulo called Novo olhar (A New Perpective). They were meeting up tonight for some drinks at a charming Brazilian pub in Vila Madalena to chat, so I decided to join!

The group is a social network that began through the internet on www.novoolhar.ning.com. They organize a network of people interested in discussing healthy relations in the work environment and how to build up an environment that fosters self development and new perspectives on sustainability.

"Healthy networking"

Through network events, workshops, informal meetings for drinking beer and chat...they go on expanding the network of people interested in this topic.

It was really nice to meet people whose eyes are shining passionate about what they are doing, people who enjoy participation and naturally include others in the converstation. I really felt like they were my friends from long back although we never met before.

I also managed to learn about initiatives I was not aware of such as the Instituto Ser Humano, which is a group meeting up to discuss how we can improve and grow as human beings.

Listening to their stories, I realized a bit about my own passions and what makes my eyes shining. Also had an insight on how I was always interested throughout my life about the stories of other people, their mistakes, realizations, discoveries, ... and was happy to hear from one 40 year old lady who was unhappily driving her own business in the last 15 years that "things take time to happen until you are mature and you realize that you look for a change..."

She kept on saying..."I learned we have only 2 ways of making a choice - either by love or by fear. I decided from that point, I would choose by love".

Looking forward for the next meet ups of this crazy metropolis.

Nenhum comentário: