quinta-feira, 15 de novembro de 2007

VP Elections!



Every year, there are elections for President and directors in AIESEC...so that the whole board of directors change continually, giving new people the opportunity to play a leadership role in the organization, developing leadership skills and competencies...


I decided to be candidate for director of the organization, reponsible for the Talent Management area...so I prepared myself for 2 weeks, answering to members questions and reflecting a lot about how AIESEC has contributed to my personal development during these 2 years, so that I really wanted to grab this opportunity and the minimum perspective of losing it was like a nightmare to me...but the fact was that 12 people were running for director (only 6 positions) and each one of them had reasons to be or not to be director in 2008...so that i had to learn how to deal with pressure, comparisons, thoughts of my future, perspective of winning or losing every day during these two weeks...


The REAL DAY, when all comes to an end, the elections started from 8 am up to 8:30 pm when the results were released and the new Board was formed! Speeches, especulations, debates, pressure, group work, interviews...13h of expectations! But being ELECTED at the end was realy amazing! When i was thrown aganst the swimming pool, listing to my name out loud as the new Vice President of Talent Management, I just wanted to share all my happiness...happiness for achiving my goal, happy for everythin being worthy, for all the learning process...for looking at the swimming pool and seeing by my side the ones, the TEAM that is going to work with me in the strategies so that AIESEC Vitória can achieve its results in 2008...great people, great potential! Happiness for being sure we are capable and that we can deliver, we can learn and surely grow together even more in the upcoming year!



Thanks Team!

Nenhum comentário: